Kolbe & Kolbe Millwork Company, Inc., located in Wausau, Wisconsin, is recognized throughout the industry as a leader in the manufacturing of custom, superior quality, windows, and doors that can be found in some of the most visionary residences and commercial projects in North America. We are currently seeking a Materials and Codes Specialist to research ongoing and emerging legislation and regulations with an outcome of providing analysis and development of program recommendations pertaining to aiding Kolbe products and packaging in meeting the sustainability direction of the window and door industry.
· Serve as subject matter expert for emerging laws, regulations, and trends relating to the product related sustainability efforts taking place within the window & door industry and specifically, Kolbe Windows & Doors.
· Create program to address environmental product declarations.
· Working with stakeholders, create recommendations for product materials used in or relating to the production or shipment of Kolbe windows and doors with a focus on sustainability.
· Track the evolution of existing and emerging regulatory developments; monitor changes to reporting standards and best in class cooperate behavior. Develop strategies for compliance if needed.
· Support supply chain monitoring activities, data gathering and analysis.
· Measure and document environmental and cost savings impacts from recommendations and implemented results, tracking sustainable product revenues
· Collaborate with outside and inside resources to prioritize lists of products containing materials exceeding regulatory requirements for which suitable alternative materials need to be found and approved.
· Understanding of regulatory landscape.
· Strategic and analytical mindset; ability to make data-driven recommendations.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written along with presentations skills.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field.
· Results oriented with an ability to operate multiple projects.
· Self-starter with superior organizational skills.
· Willingness and ability to participate in internal and industry related working groups and panels.
· Demonstrated business and financial analysis skills, and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.